Saturday, November 16, 2013

A&S 50 #2 La Gelosia A 15th Century Dance

Back at the first weekend in November I had the fantastic opportunity to attend the Chrystal Ball at the Barony of Shattered Chrystal. There was a great feast, combat, a play, merchants and dancing. Unfortunately, I also came away with my first bout of SCA plague. I learned and participated in a number of fun dances. I had a friend take a short video of me dancing. I am the excited one in the red apron dress with a white veil/scarf and glasses. I enjoyed the music. I was bouncy. You can see me grooving.










La Gelosia was composed by Domenico in 15th century Italy. I have posted a few relevant links at the bottom. The Kingdom of Meridies has a thorough dance website. The song and dance are about flirtation and jealousy so this was a fun dance to do. There was an opportunity for some good personality and partner interaction.

All in all a super fun weekend! We even had dance cards which I have naturally lost by now so I can't post a photo.

Some things in the works: Brewing, Lucet Cording, Tablet Weaving, My First Set of Garb, Shoes, Handspinning!

References:

http://saltare.meridies.org/dances.php?id=17

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Domenico_da_piacenza

No comments:

Post a Comment